We're all mad here

Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Finally! I know I've been holding off on posting in here, but I just received my yarn for the project. I've been waiting for a while, and we had to switch companies as the one discontinued a lot of colors. The yarn I'll be working with now is Brown Sheep Nature Spun. I'm a bit concerned that I won't have enough of the main color, but I'm sure I can scrounge up some if need be.

So this is the plan here:

As I said before, I had to modify it from the original bunny design to a bear, which really didn't bother me any. It's probably better as a bear, anyway. But this will be 100% my pattern, and while that's great, it's also scary. Especially because I've got six weeks to do it.

Updates on this blog will be generally just posting progress. Due to the nature of the project, I can't really post pattern details, but you can watch me struggle with picking up stitches all that you like :). Which brings me to picking up stitches. I blow at it. Suck hardcore. But I think that it's going to be the best thing for me to do for the appendages. You see, the bottom of the legs and arms are round. So I figured the best thing to do would be to knit a circle, pick up the stitches around it, then knit in the round to make the arms and legs. But oh, does picking up stitches hurt my brain. I never know if I'm doing it right. But I guess I'll see in a while when I attempt doing it some more.