We're all mad here

Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew

Friday, April 14, 2006

I've finally decided what I'm going to do with this blog, and it'll be a creative one.

I'm sure many of you have seen that link going around that said, "Beutiful art made with kintting" or something to that effect. I had done some research into it, and it wasn't knitting at all, but crochet. The artist is German soft sculptor Patricia Waller. Anyway, a friend of a friend had asked that friend if she could make the bunny impaled with a carrot. She said that she wouldn't be able to, but I was a "knitting guru" and she should ask me. I wouldn't ever claim to be that, but I agreed to make it. Now, that link mentioned earlier leads you to believe it's knitting, and that's why I agreed. When I found out it wasn't (and I don't know anything with crochet right now, except how to make a chain) I said I'd give it a shot by knitting it.

Much trial and error later, I had finished it. Once I posted it, I had been asked by someone to make three more. Here's the picture of the first one, and I'll take pictures of the others later. Apparently I am a celebrity in the commissioner's house.



Another project in process are chicken Easter egg cozies. As I've been bogged down with the additional bunnies, I haven't worked on these as much as I should have. Eventually I can post a pattern for those. Also in the works will be a knitted hedgehog. That's not even counting the countless other projects I have--snowman ornaments, a couple of cross stitch pieces I've been working on for around 6 years, and various other things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home